Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The long march

This is the 1,000th post for The Defense Rests.

I would like to thank everyone who has dropped by and visited my little blawg over the past two-and-a-half years. Along the way I've made some mistakes that more experienced bloggers such as Mark Bennett have pointed out. I think that criticism has worked to improve the content on this site.

I would like to thank everyone who has taken the time to post comments to various posts. The comments are moderated for a couple of reasons. First, I was having to deal with too many spammers trying to cram links into their "comments." This blawg was never meant to be a forum for the SEO whores out there. Now anyone who reads the comments knows that I will publish comments that are critical of my views - I believe a healthy debate is good for the soul.What I got tired of, though, were comments attacking me coming from anonymous sources. I  put my name behind everything I write - the least you can do is put a name behind your comments.

For those who don't wish to (or can't) register to post comments, I inserted the instant feedback options at the end of every post. While that option doesn't allow for comments to be made, it does allow me to "check the temperature" on various topics. If that's your chief source of "commenting" on my posts, thank you for taking the time to do it.

There is an ancient Chinese saying that goes "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." In much the same way, this blawg began with a single post. Here's to another thousand.

No comments: